We love Mexican food but hate eating out. So, we’ve been working hard on perfecting new dishes; something other than cheapy tacos. Enter these delicious, easy Instant Pot chicken carnitas. They’re a breeze to whip up and taste incredible!
Lonely Pines Farm may earn a commission for purchases made after clicking links on this page.
I could seriously eat Mexican food every day. So, it’s a complete mystery as to why we’re not experts at cooking it yet, but we’re working on it!
In fact, last night I REALLY wanted to go out to Mexican. But we’re trying to cut back on expenses so we can afford things like a chicken coop and a fence and a myriad of other homesteading expenses. So, I decided to whip up these chicken carnitas instead.
We’ve made it a handful of times before and it always turns out great! In fact, we like to keep some on hand in the freezer for quick salads, quesadillas, and tacos. These carnitas are ready in about 30 minutes, so they’re perfect for a quick weeknight dinner.
You just do a quick sauté on the onions then dump the rest of the ingredients in the Instant Pot. Cook for a little bit and the chicken will be super tender. Shred it with a couple forks and you’re good to go! It’s that simple!
If you’ve made any of our recipes, we’d really love to hear from you! Send us an email or leave a comment below the recipe you tried. You can also comment on our Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram or Twitter pages.
Do you ❤️love❤️ Lonely Pines Farm? Don’t miss another recipe! Click here to Subscribe to Lonely Pines Farm by Email and receive new recipes as often as you’d like.
For more great recipe ideas, check out these posts…
Instant Pot Chicken Carnitas
- Instant Pot
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- Set Instant Pot to "Saute"
- Saute onions in olive oil for about 3 minutes or until soft
- Add garlic and saute one additional minute
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to coat the chicken
- Press "Cancel" on Instant Pot
- Put lid on and set to "Manual" or "Pressure Cook" for 8 minutes, with "Keep Warm" function on
- After cooking has finished, leave on "Keep Warm" for 10 minutes
- Release steam and remove chicken to plate for shredding
- Using two forks, shred the chicken, return to pot, and stir to coat with sauce
- Enjoy on nachos, tacos, quesadillas, salads, or breakfast burritos