Moroccan chicken is a traditional dish full of deep flavors & warm spices. But that doesn’t mean it’s complicated! This one-pot recipe will have you impressing friends & family in no time.
Lonely Pines Farm may earn a commission for purchases made after clicking links on this page.
Moroccan Chicken (also called Chicken Tangine) packs a punch with olives, cinnamon, and preserved lemons. It’s easily one of our favorite meals. So quick & simple to make, you’ll love it too!
This dish is traditionally made with bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs, but for added convenience, we substitue the boneless, skinless option.
And regardless of the cut, this dry-spice marinade will definitely add rich flavor to your chicken.
Curious About Preserved Lemons?
They’re a delicious addition to your pantry. The basic concept is preserving whole lemons in salt. Over time, the bitterness dissipates and you’re left with a salty citrus treat.
Some folks eat them straight out of the jar, but we usually give them a quick rinse before adding them to recipes.
The preserved lemons totally make this dish, so if you haven’t yet, give them a try!
Learn more about making your own preserved lemons here.
So what do you think? Are you ready to give Moroccan Chicken a try? I promise you’ll be floored by the intense flavors & ease of this dish.
If you liked this article, please share it to spread the cooking love!
Did you enjoy this article? Want to hear more? Stay in touch! Sign up below to receive updates on new posts from Lonely Pines Farm.
For more recipes, check out these articles…
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 whole preserved lemon rind, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup green olives, diced
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- freshly ground pepper
- Mix together the Spice Marinade ingredients
- Coat the chicken thighs with the Spice Marinade and let sit for a few hours
- Add oil to a a large cast-iron pan & heat on medium-high
- Brown chicken for 3 minutes on each side and set aside
- Saute your onions for a few minutes
- Add in garlic & water
- Dump in preserved lemons, olives, raisins, parsley
- Return the chicken to the pan
- Cover & let simmer for 15 minutes
- Serve with rice or quinoa
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.